The Sri Lanka@100 platform announced the selection of six high-potential, mid-market firms to receive cutting-edge business advisory services to accelerate their growth. This is the second cohort of companies onboarded to Sri Lanka@100, a platform supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and administered by Stax, a global management consulting firm.
“Mid-market firms play a vital role in fuelling Sri Lanka’s growth and building a resilient and robust economy,” said USAID Mission Director for Sri Lanka and Maldives Reed Aeschliman. “The U.S. is proud to support their access to the business services and expertise they need to thrive.”
Stax Managing Director and Sri Lanka@100 Co-founder Dr. Kumudu Gunasekera commented on the impressive potential showcased by the nearly 40 companies that were screened: “I am excited to see the growth potential and high standards of our local mid-market firms, some of which have already made a name for themselves in global and regional markets. Our goal is to help unlock this potential and enable these companies to compete more effectively on the global stage.”
Sri Lanka@100 helps firms scale up operations by identifying expansion opportunities, streamlining internal operations, and facilitating access to capital. The six companies selected for this round represent a wide range of sectors from throughout Sri Lanka, including:
- Damsila Resources – is a family-owned mining and mineral export company, powered by a predominantly female-led workforce of 56% – higher than the national average.
- Global Vinyl – is the pioneer of synthetic leather manufacturing in Sri Lanka, built on the back of a sustainable business model based on recycling raw material.
- Greenfield Bio Plantations – is a producer, marketer and exporter of certified organic produce – taking Organic & Fair-trade teas, spices, herbs, cashew, coconuts, dried and fresh fruits, from Sri Lanka to the World.
- Ramya Horticulture – a company that specializes in the production of high-quality tropical plants grown in state-of-the-art nurseries and tissue culture production facilities in Sri Lanka for export to markets in Europe, the Middle East, Australia, and South-East Asia.
- Ranfer International – is a renowned exporter of a quality range of spices, desiccated soconut and non- traditional commodities.
- Wavenet International – is a Global GAP Certified exporter of rooted plants, un-rooted cuttings, cut foliage and tissue culture-raised plants – powered by a predominantly female-led workforce.
Sri Lanka@100 is a private sector-led business development platform launched in 2020 with support from USAID. This initiative works with high potential, mid-market firms to optimize internal operations, access new markets, and attract capital to help Sri Lanka become a high-income country within 100 years of independence. To find out more about Sri Lanka@100, please visit https://srilanka100.lk/.
The post Six Mid-Market Firms Selected for Sri Lanka@100 Advisory Services appeared first on Adaderana Biz English | Sri Lanka Business News.
Source From biz.adaderana
Author: Biz Editor
#SriLanka #News #lka