- The island-wide curfew has been lifted in all parts of the country with effect from Sunday, 28th June 2020.
- Re-opening of BIA Airport, which was scheduled on 1st August 2020, will get delayed as the main priority of the Government of Sri Lanka is to bring down all Sri Lankans stranded in other countries on their requests.
- The “Visa Free” status and the issuance of “On Arrival” visas are suspended until further notice.
- All tourists entering Sri Lanka are required to obtain online tourist visas before arrival. The Bandaranaike International Airport is expected to open on the 15th of August 2020, we await an official confirmation.
- An online tourist visa fee will be applicable. The amount that will be charged for same and the PCR test to be notified.
The following documents are mandatory for processing online tourist visa.
- A valid travel insurance with health and hospitalization coverage for the entire duration of stay.
- A valid return air ticket.
- Travel itinerary and details of confirmed reservations made at SLTDA registered and ‘Safe & Secure’ certified accommodation establishments, with the first night stay at a facility in and around Colombo/Negombo or Hambantota depending on the arrival airport.
- All National Parks were opened with effect from 15th June 2020 for local and foreign tourist. All Cultural Sites and Museums are scheduled to be opened on 01st July 2020 for local and foreign tourists.
- All Hotels approved by Sri Lanka Tourist Board are opened for domestic tourism effective 1st of July 2020.
- The General Parliamentary Election is scheduled to be held on 05th August 2020
- Social distancing and wearing of face masks are still in effect as per the health sector guidelines.
- Aitken Spence Travels office is opened and geared to serve you better.
Total Active Cases – 353 / Total recovered & Discharged – 1,678, Total deaths – 11
Total Cases – 2,042
** (All new cases identified are from Sri Lankan arriving from overseas countries)
Source From srilankatravel
#SriLanka #News #lka