Aitken Spence Travels, the leading destination management company in Sri Lanka was recently awarded the ‘Safe and Secure’ Tourism Certificate of Compliance (SLTDA/SQA/TA/2020/044) by the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority, through an independent assessment conducted by KPMG Sri Lanka. The certification is compliant with the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) for safety travelling.
The company followed a strenuous auditing process inclusive of a wide-ranging study on complete tour operations. The auditing procedure takes into account all health guidelines stipulated by the Health authorities and SLTDA. Some of the key areas covered in the audit were;
- General travel – mechanism to manage Covid-19 suspected cases in collaboration with Ministry of Health (MOH) and other local authorities, awareness programmes conducted as recommended by MOH;
- Pre-identification of travel plans and arrangements – documented travel plans, past travel records from tourists;
- Management responsibility for tourist and their movements – promotion of only SLTDA registered and certified tour guides, chauffeur and other guides for all tours;
- Formalities on staff crew – document copies of PCR reports obtained by the tour crew, frequent sanitisation of vehicles used to transport guests;
- Post tour measures – list of procedures for tour crew to follow after the tour, etc.
These health and safety protocols and procedures have been formulated in consultation with all tourism stakeholders, under the guidance of the Health Ministry and the World Health Organisation (WHO). The certification includes a unique QR code which enables guests to check information and the authenticity of the documentation.
This certification is a timely one which prepares the company to follow the right health, hygiene and operational practices and will reassure tourists considering Sri Lanka for their next holiday post-pandemic. Commenting on this achievement, Mr. Nalin Jayasundera – Managing Director of Aitken Spence Travels said, “We are delighted to be one of the first and very few DMCs to be awarded the Safe and Secure Tourism Certificate of Compliance. Most of the requirements for the auditing process were practices already followed at the onset of the pandemic by Aitken Spence Travels. This is due to the company placing a heightened importance and priority on safety of all visitors, both local and foreign.
As safety is paramount and one of the key elements to a memorable holiday experience, we do not take safety lightly.”
“We are truly grateful to our staff who also places great importance on safety and lives up to these expectations by incorporating safety measures as part of their new normal work. This certification is also a source of confidence to our future visitors that are keen to travel with a certified tour company. We look forward to welcoming back tourists to the country when the airport re-opens,” he further commented.
Aitken Spence Travels, part of the diversified blue-chip conglomerate Aitken Spence PLC, is a joint venture with TUI Travel PLC, the world’s largest integrated tourism company. The Group’s destination management arm handles inbound and outbound tour packages for groups, FIT (Free Independent Travellers) and the MICE segments (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions) which operates in a highly competitive business environment.
Source From srilankatravel
#SriLanka #News #lka