A Hilton Colombo spokesperson said, “The wellbeing of Hilton Colombo’s guests and Team Members is our highest priority, and we remain diligent in our commitment to provide a safe, hospitable environment for all who visit our properties. We can confirm that one of our Team Members has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Upon detection of possible symptoms, the Team Member was admitted to a designated medical facility and the hotel has taken further precautionary measures to curtail the spread of the virus.
We continue to closely monitor the outbreak and are staying in close communication with the local health authorities. Hilton Colombo has been taking proactive measures to ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members and in addition to adhering to relevant guidelines from health authorities, we have also taken preventive steps including the following:
- Conducting temperature checks on all Team Members, guests and visitors of the hotel upon entry.
- Conducting briefings and training sessions with all Team Members to increase awareness and stress the importance of hygiene practices.
- Heightening hygiene and sanitation practices for hotel guests and Team Members including ensuring that all rooms and public areas are treated with anti-bacterial/anti-viral detergents and person-to-person contact is minimized.
- Placing anti-bacterial/anti-viral hand sanitizers in all public areas including restaurants, the pool, front desk, restrooms, all Team Member locker rooms and Team Member facilities.
- Implementing strict advice to all Team Members to avoid coming into work if they display any symptoms of the virus.
- Assisting any guest who displays symptoms of illness or asks for help and coordinating transfers to a designated medical facility if necessary.
- Adding glass buffer guards around buffet counters and action stations in restaurants; introduction of digital menus for contactless ordering in outlets.
- Limitation of seating capacities to accommodate physical distancing regulations and increased frequency of disinfection in all public areas and restaurants.
Source From biz.adaderana
Author: Biz Editor
#SriLanka #News #lka